Tumeric has been used for over 2500 years in India, the medicinal properties of this spice have been slowly revealing themselves over the centuries.
Long known for its anti-inflammatory properties, recent research has revealed that turmeric is a natural wonder, proving beneficial in the treatment of many different health conditions.
Here are 20 health benefits of turmeric:
1. It is a natural antiseptic and antibacterial agent, useful in disinfecting cuts and burns.
2. When combined with cauliflower, it has shown to prevent prostate cancer and stop the growth of existing prostate cancer.
3. Prevented breast cancer from spreading to the lungs in mice.
4. May prevent melanoma and cause existing melanoma cells to commit suicide.
5. Reduces the risk of childhood leukemia.
6. Is a natural liver detoxifier.
7. May prevent and slow the progression of Alzheimer’s disease by removing amyloyd plaque buildup in the brain.
8. May prevent metastases from occurring in many different forms of cancer.
9. It is a potent natural anti-inflammatory that works as well as many anti-inflammatory drugs but without the side effects.
10. Has shown promise in slowing the progression of multiple sclerosis in mice.
11. Is a natural painkiller and cox-2 inhibitor.
12. May aid in fat metabolism and help in weight management.
13. Has long been used in Chinese medicine as a treatment for depression.
14. Because of its anti-inflammatory properties, it is a natural treatment for arthritis and rheumatoid arthritis.
15. Boosts the effects of chemo drug paclitaxel and reduces its side effects.
16. Promising studies are underway on the effects of turmeric on pancreatic cancer.
17. Studies are ongoing in the positive effects of turmeric on multiple myeloma.
18. Has been shown to stop the growth of new blood vessels in tumors.
19. Speeds up wound healing and assists in remodeling of damaged skin.
20. May help in the treatment of psoriasis and other inflammatory skin conditions.
Following are 3 recipes that you can make of turmeric – the wonders of nature.
1. Gingerbread of turmeric, cinnamon and ginger
– 500 gr. Eco flour
– 1 teaspoon baking soda
– 1 teaspoon of cinnamon, ginger and turmeric
– pinch of black pepper
– 300g of honey
– Juice of one lemon
– 1 dl. olive oil
Preparations: Knead the dough of all the ingredients, shape into hearts, balls or other different shapes and bake them on baking paper in the oven (about 20 minutes at 160°C).
This delicious winter cookie is very healthy and nutritious – it will soothe, but also strengthen you immune system. It is a great treat for adults and children.
2. Paste against psoriasis and acne Ingredients:
– 3 tablespoons green clay
– 1 teaspoon turmeric
– 2-3 drops of olive oil
Preparation: Mix the ingredients and rub the obtained paste on the affected spots. After half an hour, rinse with lukewarm water.
The combination of ingredients will help you disinfect the skin, moisturize the painful areas and reduce inflammation of the skin. Because of the strong yellowing of turmeric leaves, watch for your clothes. To wipe your face, use paper towels.
3. Water for gargling for sore throat
– 250ml of lukewarm water
– 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
– ½ teaspoon sea salt
Mix the ingredients. Use the water for gargling sore throat, several times a day.
It will help relieve the pain from severe swallowing and inflammatory processes.The effects can be noted for several minutes after application.